Otter Creek Engineering is seeking a full-time Office Manager/Executive Assistant with excellent communication, problem-solving, and managerial skills for our East Middlebury, Vermont office. This position requires a bachelor’s degree in business administration (or a related field) and preferably two or more years of managerial experience.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule, direct, and lead 2 to 3 office coworkers,
- Act as a liaison between Management Team and administrative staff to coordinate schedules and maximize efficiency,
- Work with Management Team to refine and revise office procedures to promote efficient and smooth-running operations,
- Assist Accountant and President with creating and editing financial documents, particularly monthly client invoicing,
- Assist Vice President on human resource matters, including maintaining personnel/benefit files, onboarding of training initiatives, and responding to employee policy inquiries,
- Provide support with business development, office upkeep, and marketing activities,
- Oversee the production of deliverables such as contract documents, specifications, and other engineering documents and reports.
- B.S. in Business Administration or related field,
- Two or more years of managerial experience,
- Organized, fast learner, and interested in the details,
- Strong familiarity and working knowledge in the use of MS Teams, Word, Excel, and QuickBooks software,
- Strong written and oral communication skills via emails, phone, and in-person,
- Attention to detail, flexibility, accuracy,
- Valid Driver License,
- Strong desire to live, work and play in central Vermont.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Willingness to represent OCE positively in the industry and local community,
- Project administration and oversight experience,
- Demonstrated initiative and participation in community involvement and outreach.
- Salary Commensurate with Experience
- Medical Insurance for You and Your Family
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- In-House and External Training
- Industry Memberships and Conferences
- Mentoring and Annual Reviews
- Profit-Sharing and 401k Match
- Hybrid Remote and Office Workplace Environment
- Company Outings, Activities, and Parties